Spring 2021 Schedule is HERE!
What a year 2020 was! As students in LA County gear up for another term at home, AFT is adjusting its curriculum to best serve its parents and students for this time, such as:
- Adjusting the curriculum to better meet the CORE learning standards; that means, more focus on reading comprehension and critical analysis of thematic devices typically taught in middle and high school with more focus on grammar and basic sentence structures in the revision stages of the Essay Writing Submission process.
- However, AFT still endeavors to teach challenging thematic concepts but aims to do so by assigning easier textual material with more emphasis on thematic ideas that reflect typical themes tested in Middle and High School.
- AFT will be rolling out a brand new feature: LiveBoard! LiveBoard offers a personalised, interactive white board that students can use to get help on their writing. Live sessions will meet every Tuesday and sessions will be recorded for constant review over the term. Click here for more information.
- AFT will be introducing a Mentorship programme with Ms Charlotte. The Mentorship programme is specifically designed to help students who are struggling emotionally with online learning. Ms Charlotte should not be seen as a therapist or counselor, but merely a mentor -- offering a compassionate ear and helpful strategies on how to deal with academic pressures via her own personal experience. Each student will be offered one free session at any time during the term. Every subsequent session will be $30 per session.
- AFT will continue to offer Learning Coach Sessions with Ms Christina. In these sessions, Ms Christina will aim to discover what the academic weaknesses are and will apply a specialised schedule for the student to follow to optimise their learning retention while minimising their time on the platform. Each student will be offered a free session in the first week of the term. Every subsequent session will be $30 per session.
- For Parents, AFT understands that many families face hardships during these times, in order best help parents, AFT will be offering three different payment options to struggling parents:
- Full Term Payments: Parents enroll to pay the full term ahead of time. As an added bonus for paying all at once, parents will get an automatic 10% discount that is combinable with any other discounts!
- Half Term Payments: Parents will make split payments, the first payment will be due at the beginning of the term (1 February), the second payment will be due at the beginning of the second half of the term (4 April). As an added bonus, parents who enroll in the Half Term payment plan will get an automatic 5% discount that is combinable, with any other discounts off their total tuition.
- Monthly Payments: Parents pay the full tuition split into four payments at the beginning of each months (February, March, April, May). No discounts available for this payment plan.
- Other Available discounts: Returning students discount (5%) and Sibling Discounts (5%).
- Finally, AFT offers one more way in which parents can save while at the same time, re-motivating their students. AFT will offer a combinable discount of 5% if students read their assigned Winter book, do the activities within that book, and write a full report BEFORE they enroll in order to get the discount. Assigned books are:
- For Years 2-3/3-4/4-5: What I Can Do When I Grow Up. This book includes lots of activities that students can log on Google Docs and share with Ms Christina in addition to writing a 1000-word report of what they learned from the book. Kindle and Hardcover versions are available on Amazon.
- For Years 5-6/Secondary Students: How to Think Effectively. This book include activities that students can log on Google Docs and share with Ms Christina in addition to writing a 1000-word summary of their findings. Kindle and Hardcover versions are available on Amazon.